Glycerin, Cocoamidopropyle betaine, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Proprietary blend.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Apply a palm full of Puretouch non- alcoholic hand sanitizer & cover all surfaces of the hands. Rub hands until dry.
Store in a cool & dry space.
» Hand Sanitization
- For external use only.
- Keep out of the reach of children for accidental consumption.
What is Puretouch?
Puretouch is a Non Alcoholic and Antibacterial sweet citrus hand sanitizer spray with moisturizing aloe-vera.
Does it come in different fragrances?
How to properly use a hand sanitizer?
Dispense an adequate amount of hand sanitizer in your palm to cover all surfaces of the hands completely. Then, rub hands together until dry. Be certain to cover back of hands, in between fingers, and around fingernails.
Is the sanitizer skin friendly?
Our formulation is composed of alcohol free bioactive agents and emollients that are skin friendly while nourishing the skin for hydration.
Does it refrain from accidental fire hazard?
Yes, alcohol free sanitizers are safe for domestic applications or near high temperature settings.
How Often Do I Use Puretouch Hand Sanitizer?
We recommend using Puretouch to kill many common harmful germs & bacteria any time you can’t wash with soap and water. You can use it as often as you need to, around the house, on the job or when you’re on the go.
Are Non-Alcoholic Sanitizers effective in killing microbes?
We have formulated a unique herbal hand sanitizer which demonstrates with up to 4 logarithmic (more than 99.99%) reduction in microbial cell count within 15-30 seconds of application. These results are better or equivalent to an alcohol based sanitizer with at least 75% alcohol content.
Why choose a non-alcohol based hand sanitizer over an alcohol based sanitizer?
Alcohol based sanitizers are often associated with several hazards and risks as mentioned below:
- Dry out skin: Alcohol based sanitizers are usually harsher and dry out the skin upon regular usage. This results in itching, flaking or cracks that can further attract infections. It may also increase risk of Dermatitis, skin irritation or Eczema. Our formulation is composed of alcohol free bioactive agents and emollients that are skin friendly while nourishing the skin for hydration.
- Alcohol poisoning- Several cases of accidental ingestion by young kids resulting in subsequent hospitalization have been reported. Further, they may be misused for inducing intoxication especially in teenagers due to high concentration of alcohol present. Therefore, additional precautions need to be taken to keep them out of reach of children. Our formulation poses no such chemical hazards.
- Fire Hazards: Alcohol based sanitizers are classified as Class 1 flammable liquid substances due to low flashpoints. Alcohol based sanitizers could result in fire hazards especially when used near flame or high temperature environments such as kitchen or near car ignitions. Alcohol free sanitizers are thus safe for domestic applications or near high temperature settings.
Our alcohol-free formulation is composed of highly effective biocidal agents that are fast acting on a broad spectrum of infectious microbes. It is further composed of emollients and skin conditioning agents that prevent drying and are safe for use in domestic settings with young kids.
How is herbal sanitizer different from other non-alcoholic sanitizers?
Non-alcoholic sanitizers are usually composed of quarternary ammonium compounds like Benzalkonium chloride or triclosan.
QUATS are potentially harmful chemicals associated with multiple health risks such as allergies of skin, eye and lungs. They are irritants that induce asthma and contact dermatitis and birth defects. They may also cause irritation in gastrointestinal walls causing nausea and vomiting. Moreover QUATS tend to stick to surfaces and substrates including food leaving a residue which is harmful for both health and environment. Quaternary ammonium compounds: QUAT based hand sanitizers have been widely publicized as alternatives to alcoholic sanitizers but are extremely toxic for both skin and environment. QUATS have been linked with allergic reactions with skin, eyes and lungs.
Triclosan is an effective antibacterial and anti-fungal compound. However, repeated usage has been linked with antibiotic resistance which could lead to severe consequences for the public. Hence it is not recommended for use in sanitizers
Our formulation is designed as a safe and eco-friendly alternative to conventional disinfectants. The disinfectant leaves no residue and the herbals extracts have demonstrated to have potent antimicrobial activity.
Are there any studies justifying use of herbal extracts?
In traditional medicine, several plant derived extracts have been used for treatment of diverse kinds of medical indications. A wide variety of locally derived herb extracts have been demonstrated to possess antimicrobial activity on par or superior to existing synthetic chemical compounds. One such extract of Azadiracta indica, commonly known as Neem is a native to Indian subcontinent and possesses very strong antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. It has also been used popularly for skin associated conditions. Another herbal extract, Thymol derived from the plant Thymus vulgaris has been reported to possess antibacterial and antifungal properties. Studies have shown thymol is effective against HIV and HSV virus strains, indicating a promising function as a sanitizer. It has strong antioxidant and anti-proliferative effect while being safe for the environment. We have exploited the antimicrobial properties a blend of herbal extracts which have been widely studies and published for antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral effect at even low concentrations.
How long is the herbal hand sanitizer effective?
The herbal hand sanitizer has residual antimicrobial activity and has shown increased effectiveness with repeated usage. This is in contrast to alcohol-based sanitizers which show reduced effectiveness with repeated use. Whereas repeated use of alcohol creates skin crevices that can harbor germs, repeated use of our herbal Hand Sanitizer actually improves skin texture, thus making it progressively harder for germs to breed.
Will there be an aftertaste on food after using Hand Sanitizer before eating?
- No. Under conditions of normal use (hands dry after use), the product will not leave any noticeable aftertaste on food. The sanitizer is both safe for skin as well as when in direct contact with food. The individual components are safe natural herbs and edible compounds deemed safe for consumption as well.